Using drones (or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles - UAVs) for crop surveillance can drastically increase farm crop yields while minimizing the cost of walking the fields or airplane fly-over filming.
We are now a proud dealer of Sentera UAVs
LiveNDVI ™ video technology is the latest groundbreaking technology from Sentera, and is the only solution in the world of its kind. The Sentera Double 4K sensor allows you to livestream NDVI video at the field’s edge — while your drone is still in the air!
The fastest way for growers and consultants to make informed decisions is to view normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) data the instant it is collected. With LiveNDVI, it’s never been easier to gather real-time data that enables you to make immediate input decisions.
Watch a short video of LiveNDVI video in action
The Benefits of UAVs in Farming
- Increase Yields
- Find potentially yield limiting problems in a timely fashion.
- Save Time
- While all farmers know the value of scouting their crops, few actually have time to cover the acres on foot.
- Return on Investment
- At an average of $2 per acre for a walking visual inspection or an aerial survey to take an image of crop fields, the ROI on the purchase of an aerial helicopter UAV can be met quickly. In most operations, the ROI for our UAVs can be achieved in a crop season or less, leaving you owning a UAV that reduces your operating costs and improves your crop yield by giving you the timely information you need for quick management intervention.
- Ease of use
- UAV products can be very complex to set-up and operate, but with our preset standards we allow new operators to have confidence in operating from the beginning.
- Integrated GIS mapping
- Draw field borders for flight pattern
- Crop Health Imaging
- Seeing the true health of your field in a color contrast allows you to see how much sunlight is being absorbed by the crop canopy.
- Failsafe - The UAV Flies Home
- As an added safety net with the flip of switch your Precision Drone will return to its original takeoff location
Before you fly, know the laws:
- UAVs cannot be flown within 3 miles of an airport, without first contacting the air traffic controller.
- UAVs cannot be flown commercially.
- UAVs cannot be flown at night.
- Operator must have permission to fly UAV over private property.
- UAVs must remain in operator's sight.
- UAVs must stay under 400 ft in elevation.
Feel free to call or email our support team today to learn more or to schedule a free UAV demo!
Erick Haas is our Integrated Solutions Customer Support Specialist, serving the Cazenovia, Chittenango, Clinton, Cortland, LaFayette, Lowville, Oneonta, Sandy Creek, and Watertown Stores. As a graduate of Morrisville State College with a Degree in Renewable Resources, Erick has a well rounded background in Dairy and Crop Farming, Environmental Planning, GPS/GIS, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Whole Farm Planning, and Forest Management. Erick is also a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) and a Master Forest Owner (MFO).
Erick’s wide range of knowledge in the environmental and agricultural fields, as well as his expertise in John Deere Integrated Solutions, make him a valuable partner for your operation.